Shortcodes in Output Messages

These are the shortcodes you can use in the output messages:

[repayment] How much will be repaid each period
[step] The step size
[rate] The interest rate
[interest] The interest to be paid
[processing] The processing amount
[total] The total to be repaid
[princple] The amount slider value
[term] The term slider value
[period] The period: days, weeks, months or years
[date] The repayment date. There are options to change the format in the settings
[downpayment] The downpayment value. Example
[fixeddownpayment] The fixed downpayment value
[downpaymentpercent] The downpayment percentage
[mitigated] The loan amount after the downpayment has been subtracted from the principle
[primary] The total to pay using the primary interest rate. Explanation and Example
[secondary] The total to pay using the secondary interest rate. Explanation and Example
[percentagesX] A percentage of the loan amount. Explanation and Example

Example

Your repayments will be [amount] at [rate] interest each [period].
The interest to pay is [interest] on a loan of [principle] giving a total of [total].
The repayment date is [date].

Need help? Ask here

1. John said:

Hi Graham
    How do is set max term using teh shortcode? I tried term=5 and maxterm=5 but no joy
    Cheers
    John

2. James said:

Hi, I would like the Loan Period to be in “Years”, and display the repayment amount in “Months”.

This is an expected requirement in most banks’ calculators. How do i do that ? It seems that if i select the Loan Period in “Years”, the repayment shown will be in “Years” too.

If there’s no way around this, can i please request a refund on my purchase? thanks and much appreciated.

• Graham said:

Hi James,
      Set the repayment divider to 12 to get monthly repayments. Then use the [repayment] shortcode in the repayment terms.

3. tariq said:

hi. how do you get it to output on a new line in “output repayment terms”
    all the outputs go on a single line? should i use a comma or colon etc?

• Graham said:

I do this:
      Interest: [rate]<br>Repayment: [repayment] each [period]
      or this:
      p>Interest: <b>[rate]</b></p><p>Repayment: <b>[repayment]</b> each [period]</p>
      or you can use the [table] shortcode

4. Adam Johnson said:

Hi there,

I am trying to do an interest only loan so my [repayment] value seems to be incorrect…from what I can see it is including the actual repayment value too.

Is there any way of outputting the monthly interest payment?

• Graham said:

Hi Adam,
      I could develop a shortcode for this but it would need a bit of thought as it will have to cope with loan periods of years, months and weeks. All you can do at the moment is output the total interest.

5. Thanh said:

Hello, I want to substract an amount from the interest and display this result.
    Ex : interest 20 000€ and downpayment 2 000€, I want to display the result 18 000€.
    Please help me

• Graham said:

Hi Thanh,
      I’m not sure you can do that. Downpayments are usually subtracted from the principle not the interest. In theory it could work but it may be that the downpayment is greater than the interest which would mean you owe them money.

6. Tim Lester said:

Hi Graham,
    Thank you for the reply. I put AUD as the currency code but you are right the error doesn’t stop it from working.
    Maybe custom shortcodes or is there a way to execute php (https://wordpress.org/plugins/allow-php-in-posts-and-pages/) to do something like [princple]*0.083 and or other calculations and display in the “Output Options”?

Kind regards
    Tim Lester

• Graham said:

Sent you an email

7. Tim Lester said:

Thank you for your plugin. I have it at https://payx.com.au/ . I am having trouble with Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/payxcom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/quick-interest-slider/settings.php on line 193 . Maybe it doesn’t like PHP 7.1?

I am also have issues with calculating 90% and 8.3% of the slider value.

• Graham said:

Hi Tim,
      Not sure why you are seeing the error message. That line is to do with the currency options and shouldn’t affect anything. As to the dual interest rates. You are trying to do something the plugin was never designed to do. I might be able to do something to use the primary and secondary interest rates but it’s not a simple fix.

Web Statistics